Proposing market entry strategies | HSA 505 – Health Services Strategic Marketing | Strayer University
Ajo Medical Center: Marketing proposal
Ajo Medical Center is a brand new hospital which will make it much easier for residents to access than the current hospital, located 67.3 miles away from town. This proposal aims to provide AMC with a marketing strategy for entry into the market, a communication strategy and research on marketing. Based on our SWOT analysis of the market, we believe that AMC should focus its efforts on its opportunities and strengths while also addressing their weaknesses and threats. The marketing strategy for AMC will be to differentiate it from other hospitals in the town, by emphasizing its access, cutting-edge technology and dedication to patient care. Communication strategy will focus on a patient-centered method and mix traditional and digital channels. We recommend using a combination of marketing research tools, including surveys, focus groups, and social media analytics, to gain insights into patients’ needs and preferences.
Strengths and weaknesses: SWOT analysis
- AMC has a much better accessibility than the hospital that is currently located in the town, at 67.3 miles.
- AMC has the most advanced medical equipment and technology.
- AMC’s highly-trained staff is committed to providing high quality care for patients.
- AMC has a brand new facility with all the modern facilities and amenities.
- AMC’s brand may be unfamiliar to the public. It could take some time for AMC to become a household name.
- AMC’s resources may be limited compared with the hospital that has operated for years.
- Growing population: The population in Ajo is growing, and there is a need for a hospital that can serve the community’s healthcare needs.
- AMC may have unmet needs for healthcare in your community.
- Competition in the Market: There is already a hospital that has a strong presence on the market.
- A downturn in the economy could affect demand for health care services.
Market Entry Strategy
Differentiation: In order to differentiate AMC’s hospital from that of the town, we are going to highlight AMC’s accessibility, its commitment, and state-ofthe-art technologies. AMC’s accessibility will be emphasized by using messaging such as “Conveniently located in the heart of town” and “Easy access for all residents.” To promote the hospital’s state-of-the-art technology, we will use messaging such as “The latest medical technology at your fingertips” and “Advanced equipment for accurate diagnosis and treatment.” To showcase AMC’s commitment to patient care, we will use messaging such as “We put patients first” and “Personalized care that meets your needs.”
Primary Target audience: We are primarily targeting residents in Ajo, and surrounding areas. They want to access high-quality health care services. AMC will target health professionals, stakeholders and other interested parties who may refer AMC patients.
Marketing Mix: Product: AMC’s product is high-quality healthcare services, including inpatient and outpatient care, emergency services, and specialty care.
Price: AMC’s prices will be competitive with those of the existing hospital. Promotions and discounts will be used to bring in new patients.
Place: AMC’s location in the heart of town will be highlighted in all marketing materials. To reach more people, we will use digital channels.
Promotion: To promote AMC, we will mix traditional and digital channels including radio ads, print ads, email marketing, social media advertising, and other forms of marketing. Community events will be used to build relationships and promote AMC.
Messaging: The communication strategy will emphasize a patient-centered approach, with messaging that highlights AMC’s commitment to personalized care and patient satisfaction.