Evidence-based Practice Project| Nursing homework help
- Identification of relevant databases It is important to determine the databases that are most appropriate for your practice. PubMed can be used for health science research, whereas CINAHL is more focused on literature in nursing and other health fields.
- It is important to select keywords that are relevant. Searching for literature using synonyms or related terms will expand your search.
- Applying the inclusion criteria: When you have completed your literature review, it is important that you use pre-determined criteria to exclude any irrelevant articles. The review will only include high-quality research if this is done.
- The literature must be critically appraised using the appropriate tools. The study’s design, method, and results are evaluated. The process ensures that studies are reliable, valid and applicable to my field.
- It is important to summarize the results after critically evaluating the studies. This will help you make informed decisions and practice. The information helps in clinical decision-making.
These strategies will help me evaluate and review literature that is relevant to me, so I can provide my patients with evidence-based treatment.