Nsg100| Nursing homework help
Brandon and Marilyn Case study: Analysis of nursing practice
The Clinical Situation
- Justin Tyme, a nurse registered with the state of California has recently joined our unit
- There is a shortage of staff and a high census
- Justin has a good reputation among the staff
- Justin fails to take his prescribed medications
- Charity N. Able learned that Justin failed to place an order for a speech consultation on a particular patient
- Justin makes intermittent mistakes
Slide 3: Problem Identified
- Justin’s inability to follow through on routine medications and physician orders has caused harm to patients
- Failure to place the speech consult order delayed the patient’s treatment
- Justin’s small mistakes could escalate into bigger issues in the future
- Use a system of double-checking for the medication administration
- Justin needs to be educated and trained on the medication order process and how it is administered.
- To ensure that new employees adhere to best practices, implement a process of peer reviews.
- Employees should be provided with regular feedback and performance reviews.
The implementation and evaluation slide
- Immediately implement a system of double-checking for the administration of medications
- Justin will need to attend additional education and training sessions within 2 weeks.
- Within the month, implement a peer-review process
- Conduct performance evaluations quarterly
- Monitor for improvement in Justin’s practice and adherence to standards of practice
- The harm that patients can suffer if the standards of practice are not followed
- Nursing practice issues must be addressed quickly.
- The implementation of proven solutions can enhance patient outcomes, and help prevent further harm.