Nursing homework help| Nursing homework help
The Interdisciplinary Care Plan
Client: Mr. Smith
Diagnosis of Hypertension Type 2 and Diabetes Mellitus
1. Monitor vital signs daily and adjust medications as needed to maintain target blood pressure – Rationale: To ensure that BP is being adequately managed in order to prevent potential complications such as stroke or heart attack.
2. Begin insulin therapy as prescribed by physician – Rationale: To better control glucose levels in order to reduce risk of diabetic complications.
3. Provide patient with dietary education on portion size and food choices – Rationale: To promote healthy eating habits which can help improve glycemic control while also reducing caloric intake, thereby aiding in weight loss if necessary.
4. Refer patient for physical activity counseling/exercise program – Rationale: To encourage lifestyle modifications that can lead to improved cardiovascular health, increased energy levels, decreased stress levels, and other general health benefits.
Short-Term Goals & Desired Outcomes (In 6 Weeks):
1. Achieve your target blood pressure goal through effective medication management.
2. Through dietary modification and an exercise program, improve the overall control of glycemic levels by 10%.