Week 3 discussion pharmacology | Nursing homework help
- Need for additional subjective and objective information
- Previous medical history: To assess any conditions, medications or other factors that might affect treatment.
- The severity and duration of the symptoms
- Any other symptoms, such as chest discomfort, wheezing, or shortness-of-breath
- Allergic history (to check for potential drug allergies)
- Smoking history
- Treatment of Mr. JD’s cold: Based on the information provided, it appears that Mr. JD may have a bacterial sinus infection. It is up to the doctor to decide whether to treat Mr. JD’s cold.
- Prescription for Mr. JD’s bacterial sinus infection:
- Antibiotics are a class of medications.
- The mechanism of action is to inhibit bacterial reproduction and growth.
- It varies according to the medication.
- The specific medications prescribed will determine the metabolism and elimination.
- Contraindications : Allergic reaction to antibiotics prescribed or the medication itself
- Warnings on black boxes: Vary depending on medication prescribed
It’s important to note that the specific medication, dose, and duration of treatment will depend on various factors, such as the severity and duration of symptoms, patient’s medical history, and potential drug interactions. Only a licensed health care provider is able to prescribe medications and decide on the best treatment.