Journal Entry #1: Nursing Homework Help| Nursing homework help
In my first two clinical weeks, I met the following goals:
1. Learn about the nursing process through observing and participating in nurse care.
2. I will improve my skills in assessing patients with a wide variety of injuries and illnesses.
3. Be familiar with the terminology that is used to describe patients and their charts.
The following actions I performed to reach my goal:
1. Observed how nurses collect patient data and create care plans based on it.
2. Assess the vital signs in several patients, such as temperature, pulse rate and blood pressure.
3. Information can be easily transferred between healthcare professionals, such as doctors or pharmacists.
4. Document patient histories in electronic medical records (EHRs), and assist with medication administration per physician’s orders.
5 . When responding to emergency situations or other situations requiring rapid decision-making, use critical thinking skills.
6 . Observed procedures such as wound dressing changes or IV insertion/management performed by more experienced nurses on duty.< br >7 . Participated in post-mortem calls providing family members support during difficult times & helping facilitate any details needed before autopsy begins 8.