Western Governors University offers a MSN in Nursing Education (Msn in nursing technology).| MSN EDUCATION | Western Governors University
- You can interview a leader/manager of the nursing staff, a specialist in informatics, or an expert on health information technologies. Contact them by email, telephone, or arrange a meeting in person.
- You can prepare a list with questions that you want to ask. The questions you can ask them include their experiences with new or current technologies, challenges they have faced in implementing these, how technology could transform their nursing practice, administration or education.
- Take notes on their answers and conduct the interview.
- Write a narrative essay of one page summarizing the information you gained from your interviews. Please follow APA guidelines.
- Take notes on the interview and the literature you have found.
- Choose five technologies you think have the ability to improve health outcomes and transform nursing. Some examples may include telehealth, electronic health records, wearable devices, clinical decision support systems, etc.
- The Technology Summary will summarize all the relevant information about the five technologies selected.
- Search the WGU library and Internet to find at least five resources on the current and emerging technology that has the potential of improving nursing or healthcare. This can be journal articles or conference proceedings. White papers and other material may also work.
- You should write an annotation for each of the sources that you have found. The annotations should summarise the key points and evaluate the relevance of the sources to the topic. They also need to comment on their strengths and weaknesses. Please follow the APA guidelines.