Discussion on nursing role and scope week 7.
The nursing profession is more than a career. It’s a noble calling that calls for a deep commitment to patient care and compassion. This career offers nurses many opportunities to grow and advance, which allows them to have a positive impact on the lives of other people.
My professional nursing goals as an advanced practice RN include:
- In order to give my patients the best care, I use the most recent evidence, and the best practices.
- My knowledge and my skills are constantly improving: I continue to improve my skills and knowledge through professional development and continuing education. In addition, I pursue advanced certifications within my field of practice.
- My patients’ advocacy: As a patient advocate I am committed to ensuring my patients get the treatment they deserve. It includes advocating their rights, promoting autonomy and making sure their voices are heard.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams. I am aware of the importance and value in collaboration, teamwork, and providing excellent care. To ensure my patients get comprehensive and coordinated care, I work with other health professionals.
- Engagement in quality-improvement initiatives: I am committed to continuous improvement in order to provide safe and effective patient care. To improve my outcomes, I engage in quality-improvement initiatives. This includes identifying improvement areas and using evidence-based practice.
As an Advance Practice Nurse, I am aware of the importance of comprehensive and accurate documentation in order to receive Medicare reimbursement for the services rendered. My goal is to accurately document each service, making sure that it meets Medicare guidelines and has been billed correctly. To ensure my documentation is up to date, I stay informed about any updates to Medicare policies and regulations.