In your PowerPoint presentation, include the following details to describe the area and its boundaries:
- Location: Indicate the state and city where your community is located.
- Please provide an estimate for the size of your population and demographic details such as gender, age and ethnicity.
- Define the boundary of your community. Include any landmarks, natural or physical features.
- Discussion of geographic features in the community: Include any geographical features that are notable, like mountains, lakes, and parks.
- Give information on your local economy, such as income, unemployment, major employers, etc.
- Talk about the level of education in your community. Include information such as the types and number of schools and graduation rates. Also, discuss any barriers or differences that exist to accessing an education.
- Give information about the ethnic composition of your community. Include any major ethnic or racial groups and cultural factors which may affect health care.
- Talk about any special cultural and social features that might impact the health of a community, including religious and spiritual practices, social norms and attitudes to health and wellness.
By including this information in your PowerPoint presentation, you will provide a comprehensive description of the community and its boundaries, which will help to inform your assessment and analysis of the community’s health needs and resources.