What is the best interview question for a family nurse practioner?
Effective communication, active listening and empathy are required to handle a difficult situation when dealing with a family member, a physician or a patient. You can take the following steps to help:
- Keep calm and be professional.
- Respect their opinions and acknowledge the concerns they have.
- Listen attentively and empathically.
- Clarify your questions in order to understand the customer’s needs.
- Explain the situation and apologize if necessary.
- Consider possible solutions for the problem and collaborate with your patient in order to come up with a satisfactory resolution.
- You should provide exceptional customer service, and ensure you follow-up as needed to make sure that your customers’ needs are met.
- Throughout the entire process, adhere to all legal and ethical guidelines.