HSA4140| HSA4140 | Florida International University, Modesto A. Maidique Campus
The Introduction: Slide 1.
- Present the objective of your presentation, which is a preliminary assessment to determine the needs for a program that promotes health and education with an emphasis on health behaviour change.
- For this assessment, explain that the Healthy People 2020 numerical objective has been selected with an emphasis on changing health behaviors.
- Briefly describe the objectives and focus of your discussion.
Presentation 2: Rationale of the Program
- Document the health risks that are associated with the non-achievement of the Healthy People 2020 target.
- State all the health risks, conditions, and diseases associated with the objective’s corresponding maladaptive health behavior by performing an evidence-based literature review using credible sources.
- Give a concrete example of how to conduct a literature search that identifies the relevant health conditions and diseases that are associated with one Healthy People objective that deals with smoking.
Slide 3: Prevalence and Incidence Rates
- Report the rates and conditions of diseases, health risks and health conditions associated with Healthy People 2020/2010.
- The trending data should include the incidence rates and the prevalence of diseases, health conditions and health risks associated with Healthy People 2020.
- Use scholarly journals, reliable websites, or statistical evidence to locate research data.
- At the national level, provide an example of the incidence and the rates of prevalence for lung cancer.
The Evidence-Based Programs and Methods Slide 4.
- Report the findings of the literature and research to reduce the risks associated with the non-performance of the selected health behavior and to achieve the Healthy People 2020 goal.
- Use appropriate literature to conduct a review of the evidence.
- Provide an example of searching the literature for “evidence-based” methods and programs that have been most effective to accomplish the desired behavior change, such as increasing physical activity.
- Cite the sources used to support your presentation using the APA format.