Nurs 6221: managing human resources – discussion 10 (grading rubic
Nurse managers have several options to improve the functioning of their teams once they’ve established a team.
- Clarify roles: Each team member should understand their role in the team. This helps to prevent confusion, and will also help you avoid duplication. Each member should be aware of their own and their colleagues’ roles and how they fit together.
- Promoting open communication is important. Encourage honest and open communication among team members. You can achieve this through team meetings and brainstorming sessions. It’s important to listen actively to team members and provide constructive feedback.
- Foster a positive work environment: Create a positive work environment that supports team members’ well-being. It can be as simple as offering opportunities for professional development, rewarding hard work, or promoting a healthy balance between your personal and professional life.
- Establish clear objectives and goals: Set goals and targets for your team. It will focus the team’s efforts and give them direction. The goals should be specific and measurable. They must also be relevant, time bound, and attainable.
- Assure that your team is equipped with the necessary resources. It is important to have access to the necessary technology and equipment. It’s important to regularly review and adjust resources as needed.
- To facilitate decision making and problem solving, encourage collaboration among team members. You can achieve this through team building exercises, encouraging shared decision-making and knowledge-sharing.
These strategies can help nurse managers improve teamwork, patient outcomes and work environments.