Nursing homework help| Nursing homework help
Capstone Project Intervention Measurable Results:
- Within the next 6 months, double the proportion of healthcare staff who adhere to the hand-washing guidelines. Argument: Compliance with hand hygiene guidelines is crucial to prevent infection spread in healthcare environments. By increasing compliance, the risk of healthcare-associated infections will decrease, ultimately leading to better patient outcomes.
- Reduce the number of catheter-associated urethral tract infections (CAUTIs), by 30%, within the year. Rationale: CAUTIs are one of the most common healthcare-associated infections, leading to increased morbidity and mortality rates in patients. Patients’ outcomes will improve and costs of healthcare will decrease by reducing CAUTIs.
- Within the next 12 months, increase patient satisfaction with the care that is provided at the health facility. Justification: The patient satisfaction score is an important indicator of the quality of care. Improving patient satisfaction scores will not only benefit the patient experience but also increase the healthcare facility’s reputation and competitiveness.
- Reducing the number of errors in medication by half within six months. Justification: Medication mistakes are one of the leading causes of harm to patients in health care settings. This leads to higher rates for morbidity, mortality and other adverse outcomes. The patient’s safety is improved when medication mistakes are reduced, which leads to better outcomes.
- In the next flu season, increase the number of healthcare workers receiving influenza vaccines by 25 percent. Argumentation: Healthcare workers have a higher risk of spreading flu to patients who are vulnerable. The incidence of influenza will be reduced in hospitals by increasing the vaccination rate. This leads to better outcomes for patients and lower costs.