Review the Healthy People website for 2020’s topics and goals.
- Introduce the topic of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and its impact on healthcare quality and patient safety
- Distinguish the public health importance of HAIs
- Mention that the African American population is at higher risk of HAIs.
- Facts and statistics about HAIs among the African American population
- Discuss the impact of HAIs on the population’s health outcomes
- Explain to patients the possible consequences of HAIs such as increased mortality, prolonged hospitalization, and morbidity.
- Identification of risk factors contributing to the increased prevalence of HAIs among the African American community, including social determinants, health conditions underlying the infection, and insufficient access to health care services
- Discussion of the social, economic and cultural factors that influence the incidence of HAIs among this population
- Outline specific prevention strategies to prevent HAIs in the African American community, such as culturally sensitive interventions and targeted education and awareness campaign.
- Talk about the importance of patient involvement and health literacy to prevent HAIs
- Discuss the importance of continuing education for healthcare professionals and their role in the prevention of HAIs.
- The key points to the presentation should be summarized
- To improve patient safety and healthcare quality, it is important to address HAIs among the African American community.
- Demand that further research be conducted and policies implemented to promote health equity and address social determinants.
- List the source of all information used, such as the Healthy People Website, peer reviewed articles and any relevant guidelines or policy documents.