The following is a brief introduction to the topic:
When treating chronically ill patients, developing a care plan that meets the needs of both the patient and the caregiver is a challenge. For the perfect plan, it is important to stay in touch with family members, friends, patients’ support groups, and even peers.
You will develop a treatment plan using Healthy People 2020 for the chronic disease group you choose. As you complete the project tasks, keep in mind that even though it’s important to have a basic understanding of the biomedical issues, your focus should be the psychosocial aspects. Your perspective in this care plan should be the patient’s goals rather than those of the medical team.
You will be completing a section of the project each week. The final project is due in Week 5.
How to identify a group
Choose a specific chronic disease that interests you and is listed as one of the Healthy People 2020 topics (healthypeople.gov). In a Microsoft Word text of 4-5 pages, formatted in APA fashion, please address the criteria below:
- Choose a chronic disease and explain your choice.
- Use your health knowledge to develop a patient questionnaire. This will allow you to gather all of the necessary information from them in order for you prepare an appropriate plan of treatment.
- Examine the comorbidities and morbidities of the disease.
- Talk about the overall impact of chronic disease and morbidity of patients on the health of the country.
- Integrate Healthy People 2020’s goals and objectives into the treatment of specific illnesses.
Please support your response with information, examples or data from a library resource, textbook or lecture.
Cite each source using APA formatting on a separate page. You can find APA resources and guides in the South University Online Library. The guides below are available in the library. They can be downloaded and accessed via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. American Psychological Association also offers detailed guidelines on formatting, references, and citations at APA Style.
• APA Citation Helper
• APA Citations Quick Sheet
• APA-Style Formatting Guidelines for a Written Essay
• Basic Essay Template
Note that title pages and references should not count towards the page total of your document.
- Name your document SU_NSG4055_W1_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.